Hybrid style MMA gloves are durable enough for training with the necessary support for competition.
- Thick segmented padding across the knuckles and back of the hand
- Open palm for full mobility and grip
- Wrap-around hook-and-loop wrist strap for better wrist stability and protection
- Leather construction that endures grueling usage
- Four size options, including Regular (6 oz. - 155 lbs. and lighter), Large (6 oz. - 155 to 195 lbs.), X-Large (6 oz. - 195 to 235 lbs.) and 2XL (7 oz. - 235 lbs. and heavier)
- Awesome all-purpose gloves! Review by Kin
For an MMA glove, the wrist support was pretty solid and the fit was secure. With a bit of effort, I did manage to squeeze some hand wraps under there on a regular basis. And I really liked the cloth feel of the inside (not sure if that exists in the updated model).
I rarely can say this about a non-sparring glove, but the padding was more than adequate. I'd say it was over an inch thick and it was firm enough that you'd never feel knuckle through it, but soft enough that you didn't feel like you had a block of styrofoam fixed to your hand.
Between the wrist support and padding, this glove was perfect for padwork, ground and pound gloves, and even light to moderate sparring. (For hard sparring, it'd still be better to use a sparring glove.)
And in addition to all of that, these things look sexy and you feel sexy wearing them! (Posted on 8/24/12)